We are pleased that you are interested in applying for the Master's course in Global Studies within our consortium. Please find in the following information on the admission and selection criteria.
Applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- A three years bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution* in the field of History or Cultural Studies or Social Sciences or Economics with a minimum of 15% Global Studies relevant courses
- Excellent English skills (minimum B2-level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or UNIcert level II according to the German Association of Language Centres, Language Teaching Institutes and Institutes of Foreign Languages). The proficiency in English needs to be proven by an official English certificate as listed below “documents to be send”. English native speakers need to provide a proof of knowledge of a language different to their mother tongue on A2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Knowledge of a further foreign language on A2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (to be proven by the High School certificate and/or international recognized test score certificates or equivalent proof of participation in language courses)
* The accreditation/recognition is based on the requirements set by the Central Office for Foreign Education. NB: In some countries a further year of study in a Masters course might be necessary in order to be eligible for admission. See also the information provided here.
Admission decisions are made by the EMGS Selection Committee upon the following criteria:
· study results (= academic excellence) and quality/recognition of home institution having awarded the first degree
· motivation, academic potential
· match of previous degree(s) with the Masters course in Global Studies
· work experience/professional qualifications
The Master's course in Global Studies is offered by Consortium of different universities worldwide.
Applicants who want to apply for the programme are kindly requested to follow the application procedures that are descripted on the following website.