Visa to enter the EU

Depending on your first study place you need to apply for a visa for study purposes valid for 90 days at an Austrian/British/Danish/German or Polish Embassy or Consulate in your country. For the visa, you will always need a passport, an admission from your first year's University and a proof that you can finance your period of study. All students that are accepted for the programme will also receive an official letter from the EMGS Consortium (that contains also a confirmation about the Erasmus Mundus scholarship in the case you are rewarded one). This letter will help you to apply for the visa and informs the respective authority about the two different study places you are admitted. Besides these documents it might be that the Embassy requests additional documents in your country. When having started your studies you will also need to apply for a residence permit. The local co-ordinator will help you to apply for it. The visa for the second year's study place will be established at your first year's country.

You can find information about...

Austrian Visa under:

Before you apply please get in contact with the local Coordinator, they will help you with your visa/residence permit applies. Citizens of some countries (e.g. India, Philippines, Kenia, Ethiopia) have to apply for an Austrian Residence Permit in their home countries before they are allowed to enter Austria.

Danish visa under:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

Polish visa under:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
Ministry of Interior:
Office for reparations and foreigners:

If you face any problems after you have applied for a visa please inform the local co-ordinator of your first year's university.